APPLY FOR YEAR 7 ELEVATE
In accordance with Department of Education enrolment policy, all testing for Year 7 Elevate will now commence AFTER placement offers are completed. Read below for further information.
Elevate at Altona College is a three year program for families seeking select entry into a heavily supported and vastly challenging environment for highly capable learners.
In this program, students have access to fewer teachers, for longer periods of time, allowing for integration across learning areas wherever possible. Our experienced and innovative staff will support students to engage in deep, complex learning experiences across multiple aspects of the Victorian Curriculum. Immersed in studies of deep learning, Elevate students are challenged to use deep and logical thinking to solve problems focused on key global issues and contexts. Elevate students play an active role in developing their capacity to learn, consistently obtaining and evaluating evidence of their learning growth. In conjunction with their teachers, students shape future learning tasks and seek and accept feedback offered by their peers and teachers.
The unique structure of our Elevate program provides accelerated pathways for students as they seek continued success in future education and training endeavours. The integration of Elevate units enables students to develop creativity and to find innovative solutions to problems. The Elevate students are proficient users of technology as they capture, create and communicate their knowledge and ideas to others.
Active and informed, our Elevate students seek to have a positive impact on their peers and local and global community. Elevate students are highly committed to their academic, personal and social achievement.
Registrations close: 22/07/2022
Entrance examination fee: $88.00 - payable via the Elevate - EduTest registration page.
Elevate entrance exam: 30/07/2022
Please carefully follow the following steps detailing the application and selection process for Year 7 Elevate in 2023.
1. Attend the College open evening: Thursday 5 May, at Altona College.
2. Apply for placement at Altona College via the state schools transition form available from your government primary school early in term 2, or via our College office. Please note that students who do not apply for placement at Altona College may not be eligible for placement in the Elevate program.
3. Register for the Elevate entrance exam (EduTest) here (registration link will open in term 2 each year).
4. Await your placement offer in accordance with the statewide transition process. Students with an appeal pending may still register for the EduTest to avoid disadvantage or delay.
5. Sit the Elevate entrance exam in accordance with the instructions provided by EduTest after registration.
6. After confirmation of placement at Altona College, eligible students will be shortlisted for a Stage 2 interview.
7. Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for interview (approximately 30 students will be shortlisted for interview, of which a maximum of 25 will be offered places in the Elevate class).
9. If successful in obtaining an interview, criteria may include, but may not be limited to:
10. Offers for general enrolment at Altona College will be published according to the DET timeline, via the primary school where applicable.
11. Offers for placement in the Elevate program will be made as soon as possible thereafter (generally within 7 days of completing all interviews).