APPLY FOR YEAR 7 ELEVATE
Entrance exam registrations for Year 7 Elevate 2022 are now open.
Elevate at Altona College is a three year program for families seeking select entry into a heavily supported and vastly challenging environment for highly capable learners.
In this program, students have access to fewer teachers, for longer periods of time, allowing for integration across learning areas wherever possible. Our experienced and innovative staff will support students to engage in deep, complex learning experiences across multiple aspects of the Victorian Curriculum. Immersed in studies of deep learning, Elevate students are challenged to use deep and logical thinking to solve problems focused on key global issues and contexts. Elevate students play an active role in developing their capacity to learn, consistently obtaining and evaluating evidence of their learning growth. In conjunction with their teachers, students shape future learning tasks and seek and accept feedback offered by their peers and teachers.
The unique structure of our Elevate program provides accelerated pathways for students as they seek continued success in future education and training endeavours. The integration of Elevate units enables students to develop creativity and to find innovative solutions to problems. The Elevate students are proficient users of technology as they capture, create and communicate their knowledge and ideas to others.
Active and informed, our Elevate students seek to have a positive impact on their peers and local and global community. Elevate students are highly committed to their academic, personal and social achievement.
Registrations close: Friday 13 August 2021
Entrance examination fee: $82.50 payable via the Elevate - EduTest registration page.
Elevate entrance exam: Saturday 21 August, 9.00am (8.45 arrival) at Altona College. Materials and testing information will be provided by eduTest after registration.
Please carefully follow the following steps detailing the application and selection process for Year 7 Elevate in 2022.
1.Attend the College open evening: Thursday 29 April 2021, at Altona College.
2. Register for the Elevate entrance exam (EduTest) here
3. Registrations close on Friday 13 August 2021. Late fees apply after this date and no application will be considered without timely completion of the entrance exam.
4. Apply for placement at Altona College via the state schools transition form available from your primary school early in term 2, or via our College office. Please note that students who do not apply for placement at Altona College may not be eligible for placement in the Elevate program.
5. Sit the Elevate entrance exam at Altona College on Saturday 21 August, 2021 at 9.00am (arrive at 8.45).
6. While the standard state schools placement process is underway, no further communication will be made regarding entrance.
7. Placement offers for general enrolment will be made in accordance with the state schools timeline.
8. Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for interview (approximately 30 students will be shortlisted for interview, of which a maximum of 25 will be offered places in the Elevate class).
9. If successful in obtaining an interview criteria may include, but may not be limited to:
10. Offers for general enrolment at Altona College will be published according to the DET timeline, via the primary school where applicable.
11. Offers for placement in the Elevate program will be made as soon as possible thereafter (generally within 7 days of completing all interviews).