APPLY FOR YEAR 7 ELEVATE 2021
Elevate at Altona College is a three year program for families seeking select entry into a heavily supported and vastly challenging environment for highly capable learners.
Last chance testing for Altona College Elevate: Due to the cancellation of Year 7 Information Evening and an extension of the State-wide transition process, a final round of Elevate testing will be offered.
Registrations will close on Monday 8th June and must be completed here: https://aus.edutest.com.au/D/?t=MZ3R6936
Students will complete the test online at home on Saturday 13th June.
Students who have already completed the test need take no further action.
Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be scheduled across late June and into July and applicants will be contacted accordingly.
In this program, students have access to fewer teachers, for longer periods of time, allowing for integration across learning areas wherever possible. Our experienced and innovative staff will support students to engage in deep, complex learning experiences across multiple aspects of the Victorian Curriculum. Immersed in studies of deep learning, Elevate students are challenged to use deep and logical thinking to solve problems focused on key global issues and contexts. Elevate students play an active role in developing their capacity to learn, consistently obtaining and evaluating evidence of their learning growth. In conjunction with their teachers, students shape future learning tasks and seek and accept feedback offered by their peers and teachers.
The unique structure of our Elevate program provides accelerated pathways for students as they seek continued success in future education and training endeavours. The integration of Elevate units enables students to develop creativity and to find innovative solutions to problems. The Elevate students are proficient users of technology as they capture, create and communicate their knowledge and ideas to others.
Active and informed, our Elevate students seek to have a positive impact on their peers and local and global community. Elevate students are highly committed to their academic, personal and social achievement.
Registrations close: Friday 22nd May, 2020
Entrance examination fee: $83.00 – payable via the Elevate - EduTest registration page.
Elevate entrance exam: Saturday 30th May, 2020 – Students will complete the test online at home
Please carefully follow the following steps detailing the application and selection process for Year 7 Elevate in 2021.
1.Attend the College open evening: Thursday 26thMarch 2020, at Altona College. (CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19)
2. Register for the Elevate entrance exam (EduTest) here: Round one registrations now closed
3. EduTest registrations close on Friday 22nd May. Late fees apply after this date and no application will be considered without timely completion of the entrance exam.
4. Apply for placement at Altona College via the state schools transition form available from your primary school early in term 2, or via our College office. Please note that students who do not apply for placement at Altona College may not be eligible for placement in the Elevate program.
5. Sit the Elevate entrance exam on Saturday 16th May – Exam time will be confirmed by EduTest once registration is paid.
6. While the standard state schools placement process is underway, entrance exam data will be evaluated and student candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
7. Parents will be informed by email as to whether or not their child has been shortlisted for interview.
8. If successful in obtaining an interview criteria may include, but may not be limited to:
9. Offers for general enrolment at Altona College will be published according to the DET timeline, via the primary school where applicable.
10. Offers for placement in the Elevate program will be made as soon as possible, after the DET timeline allows placement in special entry programs (generally 1-2 days after the general enrolment offer).
11. If successful, you will have a 2 week period to secure your placement, before it is passed over to another eligible candidate.
12. Once placement is secured, candidates will be invited to the Year 7 induction evening.